You can find me on a number of popular sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, GitHub and Flickr. If you have time you should also check out RubberDuckApps.com. This site is a small space on the Internet for me to publish and promote a few clever little ideas I've worked on, build primarily in Python, on top of the Django framework.
Currently I'm working as a Product Manager at The Exchange Lab. Previously, I worked as a Product Manager at Ask.com (aka Ask Jeeves) in the Content Experience and SEO Group. My role focused on issues with scaling large content business. This department was involved with the management and iteration of content for; Ask.com and About.com. Usually, my work centred on quality issues improvements by seniors stakeholders.
Typically that required me to write a small amount of Python for Natural Language Processing using the (Natural Language Toolkit); or analysing Bounce/Pogo-Sticking reports to investigate user behaviour on the SERP. This work culminated in directing either Content Managers or Developers to work on significant issues I'd detected.
Read me LinkedIn profile for more information about my employment history.
Latest from the blog ...
- How to install a Wacom Intuos CTL-480 tablet on Ubuntu
- - Firstly download the latest version of xf86-input-wacom. Then open a new terminal window and enter the following commands:
- Lates at the Science Museum
- - Here are some photos which I took while at the Science Museum’s Lates event for Wednesday, 27th November.
- How to setup Apache 2.4, WSGI and Django
- - After a small amount of research, here is my solution to setting up Virtual Hosts on Apache 2.4.
- My Raspberry Pi has arrived, and it's brilliant!
- - The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard.
- How to migrating the database engine for Django
- - In this article I'll run you through how to migrate from one data storage solution to another.